2., completely revised and enlarged edition
Part B, August 2007
The DECHEMA Corrosion Handbook provides a comprehensive collection of knowledge which is unique both in scope as well as content. Corrosion data and the chemical resistance of all technically important metallic, non-metallic, inorganic and organic materials in contact with aggressive media are covered, constituting the prime information source worldwide for the selection of materials for equipment in which corrosive media are handled or processed. Furthermore, methods of corrosion protection and prevention are also described.
Faced with the task of optimizing a given environment-material system, the user of this work will find answers to the following questions:
- Is there information available on the behavior of the material under consideration in a particular medium?
- Which materials are out of question for the proposed purpose?
- Which materials can be used without hesitation in the medium concerned?
- What are the conditions under which a less resistant, less costly material will give satisfactory service?
- Which material offers best performance for value under the given circumstances?
- What protective measures exist: inhibitors, coatings, cathodic protection, etc.?
Aus dem Inhalt
From the Contents:
Chlorinated Hydrocarbons - Chloromethans and Chloroethanes, Alkanols
Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys
Copper and Copper Alloys
Iron, Iron-based Alloys and Steels
Nickel and Nickel Alloys
Titanium and Titanium Alloys
Cadmium and their Alloys
NON-METALLIC INORGANIC MATERIALS
Carbon and Graphite
Binders for Building Materials
Quartz Ware and Quartz Glass
Oxide Ceramic Materials
Metal Ceramic Materials
ORGANIC MATETRIALS/ PLASTICS
MATERIALS WITH SPECIAL PROPERTIES
Coatings and Linings
Seals and Packings
Für weitere Informationen wenden Sie sich bitte an die DECHEMA e.V.,Herrn Dr. Roman Bender unter Tel. 0049-(0)69-7564-278 .
For more information please contact DECHEMA e.V., Dr. Roman Bender by phone no.: 0049-(0)69-7564-278